Welcome to TZEACHTEN FIRST NATION
Who We Are
Tzeachten is an independent First Nation band located in Chilliwack, BC, towards the Vedder River. Our traditional name for Tzeachten is Chi'yaqtel, in the traditional language Halq'emeylem, which means 'the place of the fish weir'. We are home to over 500 members, with about 50% living on reserve. Tzeachten is apart of the Stó:lō Nation.
Tzeachten First Nation remains the keepers of our traditional territories, this responsibility being passed on to us by our ancestors and exercised through sound cultural, environmental, and socio-economic stewardship.
Our Core Values
- We are grounded in culture never losing track of who we are, where we have been and where we are going as Tzeachten people.
- We believe that respect is the foundation for all that we do.
- We realize that transparent and accountable communication leads to an informed and engaged membership and staff.
- We practice a strong work ethic, role-model attitudes and behaviors that inspire those around us.
- We understand that a safe and active community promotes healthy individuals and families.
Tzeachten Sports Field Updates
Updated March 20, 2017 at 8:42 am.
Soccer Field A: OPEN
Soccer Field B: OPEN
Baseball Field A: OPEN
Baseball Field B: OPEN
We offer facility rentals, including hall, sports fields, and board rooms!